Representing Virginia Asbestos Exposure Victims
Why choose Gori Julian & Associates, P.C. for your asbestos exposure or mesothelioma case in Virginia? Our firm is a nationwide leader in asbestos litigation, and we offer a staff that is highly qualified and specially trained to handle these complex cases.
Located in Madison County, Illinois, we try these cases in a jurisdiction with a designated asbestos docket. We have handled thousands of asbestos exposure cases and hundreds of mesothelioma lawsuits for injury victims across the nation, obtaining over $1 billion in settlements and verdict awards for our clients.
We are committed to bringing living victims of asbestos exposure to trial within six to nine months of the date their lawsuits are filed.
Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys
We represent asbestos exposure victims throughout Virginia, including those who were exposed while working at:
- Power plants- Charleston Nuclear Power Plant, Patco Electric Services in Alexandria, Fort Lee Boiler Room & Electric Company, Lasalle Atomic Powerhouse, North Anna Nuclear Power Plant, Chesterfield Electric, Surry Nuclear Power Plant and Chesapeake Paper Powerhouse
- Shipyards- Colonna's Shipyard, Little Creek Amphibious Base, Lyon Shipyard, National Shipyards, Newport News Naval Shipyard, Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Phillyship Shipyard, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and USX Shipyard
- Chemical plants- DuPont and Dow Chemical
- Oil refineries- BP Amoco and Primary Refining
To learn more about our firm's approach to asbestos litigation, we encourage you to explore the following links:
- Our firm
- Our nationwide practice
- The disease of mesothelioma
- The disease of asbestos lung cancer
- Your rights as a victim or family member
Contact a Mesothelioma Lawyer
Nationwide Toll Free: 888-362-6890
If you choose Gori Julian & Associates, P.C., you'll work directly with attorneys who will guide you and your family through the litigation process and address your questions and concerns throughout this very difficult time. Call us directly or contact us online for a free case evaluation with an attorney.
Discovery Rule (for asbestos-related exposure):
"In actions for injury to the person resulting from exposure to asbestos or products containing asbestos, when a diagnosis of asbestosis, interstitial fibrosis, mesothelioma, or other disabling asbestos-related injury or disease is first communicated to the person or his agent by a physician. However, no such action may be brought more than two years after the death of such person."
VA Code Ann. § 8.01-249.4
"[E]very action for personal injuries, whatever the theory of recovery, and every action for damages resulting from fraud, shall be brought within two years after the cause of action accrues." Va. Code § 8.01-243(A).
Every wrongful death action "shall be brought by the personal representative of the decedent within two years after the death of the injured person." Va. Code Ann. § 8.01-244(B).Click Here for your free evaluation