Representing Oregon Asbestos Exposure Victims
Gori Julian & Associates, P.C. is a nationwide leader in asbestos litigation. Since we began focusing on these cases, we have obtained over $1 billion in verdict awards and settlements for our clients in Oregon and across the United States. We try these cases in Madison County, Illinois, a jurisdiction with a designated asbestos docket.
In asbestos litigation, timely results are important. We are dedicated to bringing living victims of asbestos exposure to trial within six to nine months of their lawsuits being filed.
Most asbestos lung cancer or mesothelioma victims in Oregon were exposed to asbestos on the job in settings such as:
- Power plants — Ogden Martin Energy Plant, PG&E Power Plant and Warm Springs Power Plant
- Shell Oil Refinery
- Shipyards — Albina Shipyard, Astoria Voyage Repair Station, Cascade General Shipyard, Dyer Shipyard, Gunderson/FMC Shipyard, Kaiser Shipyard, Northwest Marine Ironworks, Portland Shipyard, South Portland Shipyard, Swan Island Shipyard, Tongue Point Naval Shipyard, and Willamette Iron and Steel Yard
- Steel mills — Martin-Marietta Aluminum and Oregon Steel Mills, Inc.
- Chemical plants — Borden Chemical Plant, Chevron Chemical Fertilizer Plant, Chipman Chemical, Georgia-Pacific Resin Plant, Pennwalt Sodium Chlorate Plant, Portland Gas & Coke Company, Rhone-Poulenc Chemical Plant and Stouffer Chemical Plant
To learn more about our firm and our asbestos litigation practice, explore our website:
- Our firm
- Our nationwide practice
- The disease of mesothelioma
- The disease of asbestos lung cancer
- Your rights as a victim or family member
Call Us for a Free Case Assessment
Nationwide Toll Free: 888-362-6890
Please call our law offices directly or contact us online. An experienced attorney will be available to discuss your potential lawsuit, and he or she may even be able to recommend doctors whom we've worked with in your area.
Discovery rules have not been implied for every statute of limitation. There is no presumption of a discovery rule and whether they apply is a question of statutory construction and legislative intent. Gladhart v. Oregon Vineyard Supply Co., 332 Or. 226, 230 (2001).
An action for personal injury must be brought within two years of the accrual of the cause of action. Or. Rev. Stat § 12.110(1).
Wrongful death actions the action "shall be commenced within three years after the injury causing the death of the decedent is discovered or reasonably should have been discovered by the decedent…" Or. Rev. Stat. § 30.020(1).Click Here for your free evaluation