Representing Illinois Asbestos Exposure Victims
At Gori Julian & Associates, P.C., we have more than 20 years of experience in asbestos litigation. Located in the heart of Madison County, Illinois — a jurisdiction with a designated asbestos docket — we provide representation to individuals and families in Illinois and across the United States.
Our lawyers are dedicated to this important work, and we have obtained more than $1 billion in verdict awards and settlements for our previous clients. We are strong in our resolve to see the right thing happen.
Timely results are important in asbestos litigation. Our firm is committed to bringing living victims of asbestos exposure to trial within six to nine months of the date their lawsuits are filed.
We represent individuals who are suffering from asbestos exposure, including those who have been exposed as a result of:
- Power plants — Alton Box Board Power Plant, Argo Corn Products Power Plant, Edward Power Station, Commonwealth Edison, Chicago Powerhouse, Crawford Station Power Plant, Thomas A. Edison Nuclear Power Plant, Clinton Power Plant, Coffeen Powerhouse, Illinois Power, Cordova Nuclear Powerhouse, Quad City Nuclear Powerhouse, Danville Powerhouse, Baldwin Power Plant, Dresden Nuclear Power Plant, Dubuque Powerhouse, Illinois Power Company, Grand Tower Power Station, Havana Powerhouse, Illinois Power & Light Powerhouse, Joliet Powerhouse, Joppa Power Plant, Electric Energy, Inc., Kincaid Steam Plant, Lake of Egypt REA Powerhouse, Southern Illinois Power Coop, Marion Powerhouse, Ameren Power Plant, Powerton Power Plant, Duck Creek Power Plant, Peoria Power Plant, Cahokia Powerhouse, State of Illinois Power Plant, CWLP Power Plant, Lakeside Powerhouse, Edison Powerhouse, Springfield Powerhouse, West Franklin Powerhouse, Barry Steam Plant and Trojan Power Plant
- Refineries — Blue Island Oil Refinery, Clark Oil Refinery, Mobil Oil Refinery, Pure Oil Refinery, Amoco Chemical, Standard Oil, U.S. Steel Mill, Union Oil Refinery, Texaco, Northern Petro-Chemical, Shell Oil Field and Marathon Oil
- Manufacturing plants — Chrysler and General Motors
- Shipyards — Calumet Shipyard
- Steel mills — Laclede Steel Plant, Republic Steel, Abex, Amsco, U.S. Steel, Carnegie Steel, Reynolds Metals, Wisconsin Steel, Mueller Foundry, National Steel, Granite City Steel, National Enameling/Stamping Company (NESCO), John Deere Foundry, Pressed Steel Car Company, Green Brothers Steel Foundry, Anaconda Ericsson Wire & Cable Plant, Northwestern Steel & Wire and Fansteel Metallurgical Shop
- Chemical plants — Stauffer Chemical Plant, Apple River Chemical Plant, Ottawa Chemical Plant, Velsicol Chemical Plant, Monsanto Chemical Plant and U.S. Industrial Chemical Plant
Contact a Mesothelioma Attorney
Locally: 618-307-4085 / Nationwide Toll Free: 888-362-6890
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with asbestos lung cancer or any type of mesothelioma, please call our law offices directly or contact us online. An experienced attorney will be available to discuss your potential lawsuit, answer your questions and address any other concerns you may have.
We may even be able to recommend doctors whom we've worked with in your area.
The statute of limitations begins to run "when a person knows or reasonably should know of his injury and also knows or reasonably should know that it was wrongfully caused. Nair v. Bloom, 383 Ill.App.3d 867, 870 (Ill. Ct. App. 2008).
Actions for damages for an injury to the person shall be commenced within 2 years next after the cause of action accrued. 735 ILCS 5/13-202.
Wrongful death actions shall be commenced within 2 years after the death of such person. 740 ILCS 180/2.Click Here for your free evaluation